- Scientist and Engineer combining problem-solving and interpersonal skills with an ability to rapidly develop subject matter expertise.
- Experience with phenol formaldehyde resin and adhesive synthesis, characterization and composite development.
- Excellent communication skills developed through peer-reviewed journal articles, technical reports and oral presentations.
- Technical leadership exhibited via initiative on project development and product innovation in both industry and academia.
- Scientific leadership exhibited through project management in both industry and academia facilitated by monthly oral presentations and written technical reports.
|Assistant Director for Technical Business Development, Center for Electrochemical Engineering Research, Ohio University, Athens Ohio||Mar. ’15 – present|
- Currently managing a portfolio of 6 companies as part of stage-gate process for eventual conversion to full-time partners.
- Responsible for connecting Center capabilities with external agency needs (public and private) via email correspondence, conference calls, online webinars, facilities tours, tradeshow participation and responses to requests for proposals.
- Overseeing project development and management resulting from external partnerships with industrial agencies.
- Completing ~1 proposal per month to governmental agencies for expansion of Center’s capabilities and de-risking external partner interests.
|Research Chemist Intern, Ashland Technical Center, Ashland Chemical, Dublin Ohio||Aug. ’14 – Mar. ’15|
- Synthesized, characterized and evaluated phenol formaldehyde resins for use in a variety of applications including friction, laminating and filtration.
- Co-developed new phenol formaldehyde resins including a rubber-based resin for alternative use in friction applications and a water-soluble urea-based resin with ultra-low levels of residual formaldehyde.
- Characterized paraformaldehyde from different suppliers for use in procurement decision.
- Cultivated relationships with external customers by troubleshooting concerns with and questions about product performance.
- Collaborated with internal multi-functional teams including sales, analytical science, engineering and manufacturing personnel to facilitate development of customer solutions.
- Represented Structural Polymers and Adhesives group on Ashland 5S Committee and organized subsequent 5S-related activities.
|Post-doctoral Research Associate/Research Scientist, Center for Electrochemical Engineering Research, Ohio University, Athens Ohio||Dec. ’11 – Mar. ’15|
- Developed photonics technique – Cavity Ring-Down Spectroscopy – for detecting low concentrations and weakly absorbing species in solution.
- Developed a reaction mechanism for urea conversion on nickel using predictive modeling of crystal structure and molecular adsorption.
- Explored self-assembled monolayers to improve reaction kinetics of aforementioned reaction.
- Wrote proposals funded by Ohio Supercomputing Center and Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment for computing hours.
|Graduate Research Assistant, Center for Electrochemical Engineering Research, Ohio University, Athens Ohio||Sep. ’05 – Nov. ’11|
- Developed a model for ammonia oxidation based on calculated binding energies, vibrations frequencies and adsorption geometry of involved molecules.
- Predicted a cause for catalytic poisoning during urea oxidation.
- Suggested an appropriate catalyst to inhibit this catalytic poisoning.
- Predicted the vibrational properties of zirconium oxide for use in characterizing solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) components.
- Presented research results at Imperial College (London, England) during an International Summer School.
- Synthesized, characterized and tested planar Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (button cells).
- A. Estejab, D.A. Daramola and G.G. Botte, Mathematical model of a parallel plate ammonia electrolyzer for combined wastewater remediation and hydrogen production, Water Research 77, pp 133-145 (2015).
- G.G. Botte, D.A. Daramola and M. Muthuvel Preparative Electrochemistry for Organic Synthesis, In Comprehensive Organic Synthesis II (Second Edition), G.A., Molander; P. Knochel, Eds., Elsevier: Amsterdam, pp 351-389 (2014).
- D.A. Daramola and G.G. Botte, Theoretical study of ammonia oxidation on platinum clusters – Adsorption of intermediate nitrogen dimer molecules, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 402, pp 204-214 (2013).
- D.A. Daramola and G.G. Botte, Theoretical study of ammonia oxidation on platinum clusters – Adsorption of ammonia and water fragments, Computational and Theoretical Chemistry 989, pp 7 – 17 (2012).
- D.A. Daramola, Theoretical Characterization of Ammonia Oxidation Species on Platinum Clusters, Ph.D. Dissertation, Ohio University, Athens, OH (2011).
- D.A. Daramola, D. Singh and G.G. Botte, Dissociation Rates of Urea in the Presence of NiOOH Catalyst: A DFT Analysis, Journal of Physical Chemistry A 114, pp 11513 – 11521 (2010).
- D.A. Daramola, M. Muthuvel and G.G. Botte, Density Functional Theory Analysis of Raman Frequency Modes of Monoclinic Zirconium Oxide Using Gaussian Basis Sets and Isotopic Substitution, Journal of Physical Chemistry B 114, pp 9323 – 9329 (2010).
- Annual AIChE Meeting, Pittsburgh (2012)
- Investigation of Ammonia Oxidation on the Platinum Surface for Hydrogen Generation (Oral)
- On the adsorption of thiol molecules on a Nickel Catalyst: A theoretical approach (Oral)
- 222nd ECS Meeting, Hawaii (2012)
- The Effect of surface modification on the properties of a Nickel catalyst: A Theoretical Study (Oral)
- Effect of Nickel Surface Structure on Urea Electrolysis: An Experimental Study (Oral)
- A Semi-Empirical Model of Ammonia electrolysis in comparison to water electrolysis (Poster)
- Theoretical Characterization of Ammonia Oxidation Intermediates and Products on Platinum Clusters (Poster)
- 220th ECS Meeting, Boston (2011)
- Theoretical Characterization of Nickel (II) Hydroxide for Hydrogen production from Urea (Poster)
- Studies on the Bulk Reactions during Ammonia Oxidation (Poster)
- Computational Study of Ammonia Oxidation on Platinum Clusters (Oral)
- 218th ECS Meeting, Las Vegas (2010)
- Ammonia Oxidation on Platinum anodes: A DFT study of two mechanisms (Oral)
- Electric Field Effects on the adsorption of NH3 on Platinum for Electrochemical Oxidation (Poster)
- MSSC 2010: Ab initio Modelling in Solid State Chemistry: Theoretical Raman Spectra of Monoclinic Zirconia for SOFC Studies (Poster)
- 215th ECS Meeting, San Francisco (2009)
- Theoretical Raman Spectra of Monoclinic Zirconia for SOFC Studies (Oral)
- Theoretical Study of the Kinetics of Ammonia Oxidation on Platinum Anodes (Poster)
- 212th ECS Meeting, Washington DC (2007): Computational and Experimental Analysis of Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Anodes in the presence of H2S. (Oral)
- 211th ECS Meeting, Chicago (2007): Theoretical Investigations of Solid Oxide Fuel Cells Anode Materials in the presence of H2S (Poster)
- Eastern Regional Chemical & Materials Engineering Graduate Symposium (2006): Theoretical Investigations of Solid Oxide Fuel Cells Anode Materials (Poster)
- 220th Electrochemical Society Meeting (ECS) Student Poster (2011)
- Ohio University Student Enhancement Award (2009)
- Ohio University Research and Creativity Fair (2007)
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) Board of Affiliates Scholarship (2007)
- Eastern Regional Chemical & Materials Engineering Graduate Symposium (2006)
- NSBE & Exxon-Mobil Scholarship (2003)
- 222nd ECS Meeting Travel Grant (2012)
- 220th ECS Meeting Travel Grant (2011)
- 218th ECS Meeting Travel Grant (2010)
- International Summer School: Ab initio Modelling in Solid State Chemistry bursary (2010)
- 215th ECS Meeting Travel Grant (2009)
- Ohio University Graduate Student Senate Original Work Grant (2007)
- 212th ECS Meeting Travel Grant (2007)
- 211th ECS Meeting Travel Grant (2007)
- Electrochemical Society
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- National Society of Black Engineers
- Theta Tau Professional Engineering Fraternity
- Ohio University Robe Leadership Scholar
- Journal Article Peer Reviewer
- Journal of Power Sources
- Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics